The most you have spent for a living item in your tank?

huskerduck

I lost this entire 240 gallon tank in a crash. Don't know exactly what I paid for everything. I would hate to think what it was worth. There was a Tyree Idaho Grape that was very limited edition at the time. The frag cost me $75 for something the size of my thumbnail. It was about 5"-6" across when I lost everything. It is pictured just left of the center below the large Pink Milli.

fulltank.jpg

Jay

I lost this entire 240 gallon tank in a crash. Don't know exactly what I paid for everything. I would hate to think what it was worth. There was a Tyree Idaho Grape that was very limited edition at the time. The frag cost me $75 for something the size of my thumbnail. It was about 5"-6" across when I lost everything. It is pictured just left of the center below the large Pink Milli.

fulltank.jpg

Jay

Did you ever figure out the cause of the crash?

Did you ever figure out the cause of the crash?

Two reasons. One, I took my refugium/remote DSB offline to deal with a flatworm outbreak before it got to my display. Two, I got into a bad bicycle accident that really messed up my back. I couldn't do maintenance. Once a couple of things started to die, it started a chain reaction, coupled with the lack of filtration from not having the fuge online. All I can say is, it did not take long. Tanks have crashed while people are on a weekend getaway. Mine took a little longer, but the result was the same.

Jay

I went in on a piece of Watermelon Chalice $225. It was the size of your thumbnail. Stylaster still has it in his tank. Someday it will be big enough to split in half. I think if we split now I would need a microscope to mount it.

A wait, I was a secret investor and it now has to be split 3 ways (naughty)

All of my high dollar purchases are also some of the smallest things in my tank. Oregon Mummy eye, Bubble gum monster, Tyree True undata, and LE supernova monti are the most expensive ones.

The two monti's started pretty small but have got good size now. I don't even want to think of what they may be worth as a loss:eek: