Corals that like shade

puntific

So I have a great plating coral in the center of my tank that has grown to about 10 inches front to back and 8 inches wide. It's about 10 inches under the water level and creates a fair bit of shade under it. I'm looking for suggestions for corals that would grow under it, needing only indirect or no light. I do have 2x 400 wt MH so there's lots of light in the tank.

What would you add?

puntific

I have a couple of leathers and some mushrooms down in the shade as well. The mushrooms are kind of cool as they will stretch out during the day looking for light. (One of the red ones I have stretches about 4" during the day and then sucks back in at night)

Which LPS specifically? Acans? Chalices? Lobos? Inquiring minds want to know!

I find I get better colors out of LPS that need direct food if the have limited light.

I have grown quite a few with a compact flourscent bulb about 18" from the waters surface. JME

chalices, for sure, the alien eye ones do well in shade (ie green eyes green rim. psammacora, the blue colored ones and the supernova psammacora do well in shade. Most birdsnest corals will do ok, but might lose their color, except the ponape i have that in the shade and it keeps it's green with pink tips

Which LPS specifically? Acans? Chalices? Lobos? Inquiring minds want to know!

Chalices, acans, micro's, tubestrea, blasto's, IME.

Never tried fragging up a lobo so I don't really know. I actually do have acan frags I would like to get rid of, they are a descent size. I just need to start clearing some room, tank is getting full.

Also IME tyree long polyp green leathers do well in low light, I have some frags of that as well.

LMK