150 gallon build

reef165

Nice! I recognize that tank =)

Good plan on putting the center brace back in, the glass on there looks to thin to be safe trimless with no center brace. The last thing you want is 150 gallons of saltwater flooding your house!

Have you seen the tank of were you the original owner ? I know the previous 2 owners. If not whare did ya see it?

Ya, It's 1/2 inch glass, Ive seen it full of water without the center brace and it really doesn't bow out but I just am one that side's on caution and likes the overbuilt policy!

Well, it had water in it 2 days before I got it so to be fair I didnt halfto do much but clean it all up and do a little fixen on the stand. Plus with all my livestock in my small sump I was in a hurry to get them into the tank. here's a pic of the tank just before I tore it down to move it.

post-110-141867751139_thumb.jpg

post-110-141867751141_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

An update on my tank. The rocks and corals are waiting till the DIY rock is ready for the tank before they go to there final resting place. The tank is now lit with 4-48 inch VHO's and T-5's are coming, half ( 4 ) T-5's tomorrow and the others coming soon I hope.

post-110-141867752137_thumb.jpg

post-110-14186775214_thumb.jpg

post-110-141867752143_thumb.jpg

post-110-14186775215_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

With skimmers, no. It took about a day for the skimmer to produce skimmate and then I adjusted it and it's working so good! I've already got about a 1/4 inch of green / brown slury in the collection cup after only one day of post adjusted skimming. I must say I'm loven the new skimmer!

• 3 months later...