Shipping supplies

pledosophy

-You can get Prioritie boxes from the USPS for free.

-I know you can buy packing peanuts from the UPS Store and Michaels use to sell them. Or ask a place of business that recieves a lot of packages. Usually they just throw them out.

-Heat packs? Not sure maybe a LFS would sell you some.

HTH get you started.

http://www.polar-tech.com/

These guys have some nice customizable sizes of styro, or styro lined shipping boxes.

I use different shipping supplier for different kinds of orders. Heat packs can be purchased at a number of online venues or if you want to just get some cheap 8-12 hour heatpacks, those can be purchase by the box at Costco. I use those guys for shorter shipments.

Packing peanuts and the like can be purchase from several different locations including office supply stores and UPS or FedEx stores.

Cosco nice!

Do you know what brand your using? I will be shipping some corals but mostly algae. The most sensitive thing I will be shipping out will be acans, so should be relatively easy.

Garrett what method of shipping are you using to ship out your algaes? I need to ship a few boxes to the east coast but mostly west coast so far.

The priority boxes now have text all over the inside. If you don't want to ship priority, you'll have to wrap it up in paper or cover it up somehow.

I have access to tons of used boxes from our warehouse. Let me know what size you want and I can save them for you.

I also have a crap load of packing peanuts from ordering online.

I get my boxes from a UPS store down the street. He gives them to me at a 20% discount which puts the cost lower than anything else local I've found. Small UPS stores are better than FedEx for this as they are privately owned franchises so they have more flexibility to give discounts. (He gives me the discounts even knowing I'm shipping them through FedEx since they give me a better shipping discount)

I have a bunch of the older USPS boxes so nothing on the inside. But you can still order a free box of boxes from USPS and use them to ship via UPS/FedEx. Those guys don't care.

Dick's has 24hr heat packs for $.99 and I get sheets of styro at HD to line the boxes with.

Cosco nice!

Do you know what brand your using? I will be shipping some corals but mostly algae. The most sensitive thing I will be shipping out will be acans, so should be relatively easy.

Garrett what method of shipping are you using to ship out your algaes? I need to ship a few boxes to the east coast but mostly west coast so far.

I use USPS priority boxes. I double bag the algaes then wrap them in paper and then just tape the box up and pop a label on it. Never had a problem shipping this way. In the colder parts of the year, I will usually wrap up a heat pack in paper and then put that at the top of the box just as a nice added precaution for items going to the east coast or Canada.