Excellent tank mates!! look!!

coralreefer

Here are a couple new fish recently added...

One was an easy choice...Solar Fairy Wrasse...http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6159&stc=1&d=1255565490

The next was a leap of faith....Klein's Butterfly....http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6160&stc=1&d=1255565490

The Solar Fairy Wrasse...amazes me more people aren't into the fairy wrasses...model citizens with beautiful colors, no aggression and great appetites...

The Klein's was in desperation due to aiptasia, which had gotten REALLY bad and I had no luck with Berghias, peppermint shrimps, copperbands, aiptasia x, kalk, lye, Joe's Juice...etc.

I estimate I had 300 various sized aiptasia...I would go through every other day and treat but would have more the next week...I took a chance on this butterfly...it picked at my corals mildly for 3 days...within a week, all aiptasia were gone...GONE!!! No longer picks at corals///Not the prettiest fish but earns his keep...DrMerle

post-5778-14186777885_thumb.jpg

post-5778-141867778853_thumb.jpg

Here are a couple new fish recently added...

One was an easy choice...Solar Fairy Wrasse...http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6159&stc=1&d=1255565490

The next was a leap of faith....Klein's Butterfly....http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6160&stc=1&d=1255565490

The Solar Fairy Wrasse...amazes me more people aren't into the fairy wrasses...model citizens with beautiful colors, no aggression and great appetites...

The Klein's was in desperation due to aiptasia, which had gotten REALLY bad and I had no luck with Berghias, peppermint shrimps, copperbands, aiptasia x, kalk, lye, Joe's Juice...etc.

I estimate I had 300 various sized aiptasia...I would go through every other day and treat but would have more the next week...I took a chance on this butterfly...it picked at my corals mildly for 3 days...within a week, all aiptasia were gone...GONE!!! No longer picks at corals///Not the prettiest fish but earns his keep...DrMerle

Can I rent him for acouple months? or I will trade you a rose anemone for him...or yellow tang. I have tried everything also without luck. Even bought one of those butterflies but got a bad one that died soon after getting him. I have hundreds on those aptasias in my tank.

Jay

Jay

Jay--I had the same bad luck with copperbands 2 different times...sorry to hear about your Klein's....they are called "bulletproof" and mine was...hit the water looking for something to eat...will eat anything I feed...my suggestion is to try again with another Klein's...I have wasted hundreds of dollars on all other treatments....DrMerle

Hey Coralreefer,

Delighted to hear that the Klein's took care of your aiptaisia. I had a similar problem. Never actually saw the Klein's eat them but after a couple weeks in the tank, they were all gone. Every last one of them. However....

I noticed my elegance wasn't coming out, my skirts on my large palys were gone, as were 6 heads of green and purple blastos. I'm sure you've heard the warnings, but these guys will go ballistic on your corals if you're not careful, and realistically how can you be?

Good luck. I hope you have the exception!!

Mark

Jay...No, no, no....Klein's and Copperbands are totally different fish...both butterflys but totally different...copperbands look like long nosed butterflys while Klein's have a more angelfish shape...Copperbands are very delicate, prone to die and/or struggle to get to eat. Klein's are almost slam dunks...

DrMerle