Apex controller?

Nate213

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry nate.. saw your question just now :-(

I received it yesterday from Aquacave and it is up and running. So far I like it.

I got the lab grade ph probe too.

I tryed to control it with Aquanotes for iPhone but it seems to crash the controller.

Kenargo online tank manager works great. Evan faster that the embedded www files :-0

I'm thinking about re-programming the www files in a more user-friendly (ajax) anf fancy way, if I can find some spare time.

• 2 months later...

So what all do you control with your controllers?

Lights? (I use those silly vacation clock timers)

Return pump? (mine's just ON)

Calcium reactor? (again, just on) do you have it shut off if the pH in the tank goes below 8? If so, is it the pump of water into the Calc reactor that shuts off and CO2 keeps pumping into the reactor?

Use as wave maker?

What else?

ah... heaters and chillers

What probes do you buy?

pH (seems a given)

SG?

temp seems like a good idea.

I've just been doing most things in the most basic way and have just begun to think about a controller to help with eveything. Having it record data into my computer seems really cool too!

puntific

So what all do you control with your controllers?

Lights? (I use those silly vacation clock timers)

Return pump? (mine's just ON)

Calcium reactor? (again, just on) do you have it shut off if the pH in the tank goes below 8? If so, is it the pump of water into the Calc reactor that shuts off and CO2 keeps pumping into the reactor?

Use as wave maker?

What else?

ah... heaters and chillers

What probes do you buy?

pH (seems a given)

SG?

temp seems like a good idea.

I've just been doing most things in the most basic way and have just begun to think about a controller to help with eveything. Having it record data into my computer seems really cool too!

puntific

Check out this Thread, should answer all your questions and more

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1458533

To connect the ACjr to your PC, you'll need a free RS-232 serial port. If you intend on keeping the controller connected to the PC full-time, you'll also need a special "ground isolated serial connector" (about $30 from Neptune Systems). Also, the ACjr doesn't have an embedded web server -- to get web access you'll need to leave it connected to a PC (running the AquaNotes software) full time.

All of these problems go away if you move up to the ACIII (or Apex), which is a good move IMO if you want easy connectivity.