CO2: Two missions, one regulator

DoughPat

Calling all homebrewers: How did you use your single CO2 tank to BOTH pressurize a keg, AND provide CO2 to a calcium reactor/planted tank? I can't justify owning two CO2 tanks...

I'm thinking I just need to pop down to Airgas with my regulator and look for the right combination of T's/valves. But maybe, *maybe* there's some miracle fitting out there that won't require the usual mishmash of pipe clamps, couplers, tee's, and all the leaks/duct tape associted with those...

Ryan

Yes...that would probably work, but then I've got to have two regulators. It just seems like they ought to be able to operate off the same regulator. Though now that I think about it, maybe not. The keg needs to operate on about 4 psi, and if I remember correctly, aquariums usually want very very low pressure, i.e. >1 psi. So maybe a T after the first stage of the regulator....and two secondary/output regulators? Hmmmm...

Are you trying to get someone to do your yard work for you?

pickin "fruit" is hardly yard work,, but if you want to trim the vines while your at it,,, by all means :) [language filter] hop vines are nasty,,, scratch you all up and take over anything. Its like GSP or Zoas near your prized acropora.

pickin "fruit" is hardly yard work' date=', but if you want to trim the vines while your at it,,, by all means :) [language filter] hop vines are nasty,,, scratch you all up and take over anything. Its like GSP or Zoas near your prized acropora.[/quote']

(laugh) Good one Joel on the hop vine. And yes they do suck as I have one growing also and they are evasive things.