Wow! There are some people really reaching when naming there corals!!!

R-3

Take a look at this guys corals hes selling. Some of the names are classic!

Venom's Hate, Zeus Armor, Demon Frogspawn, Space Zoanthid, Twisted Dragon, and last but not least GODS ZOANTHID!!!

I really don't like getting on a guy trying to make a living but these names are ridiculous. What are you guys smokin down in Eugene?? I think its time to step away from WOW and come back to earth :) It seems like anymore you can just put any name on a coral as long as it makes it sell better. Shameless if you ask me.

Heres the link for you enjoyment.

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/adamandselene_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_ipgZ

I like the demon frogspawn. Although, I already have some... Oh wait, I have green octopus frogspawn, not the demon type... lol.

It looks like an cheap way to get some corals. Most of those auctions end in a day, and most are under $20. Some don't even have any bids on them yet.

dsoz

Yeah, I have to admit, it's gotten out of hand. Every coral I have is a "named" coral, so clearly I bought into the naming thing and participated in the craze. But I think things have changed. It was fine (IMO) to find a really nice/unusual coral and give it a common name to identify and track it - and to know what you were buying. It's easier to say "20K league lokani" that "that one lokani that Eric at Frag Farmers used to sell that is xyz color pattern..."

But two things have happened that have undermined that. First, people slap a name on every coral they happen across. They buy a $5 frag and slap a name on it - Astro Brown Burst, or something lame - and think it's now worth $50. Second, people assumed any coral that looked like a named coral, was that coral. So someone finds a blue tort and decided to call it "Oregon Tort" and sell it for $50 a frag - so you have no idea if you're really getting that limited coral or not.

Having said that, I just shelled out north of $100 for an Ice Fire Echinata, so I'm as guilty an anyone in this whole process - since I'm feeding the beast. But I'm a bit of a collector by nature- I like things that aren't common.

Anyway, there's my $0.02. (My other soap box issue is; where did the cent symbol go on the keyboard?)