See any problems with this idea?

Randy-S

Running my a feed pump from the sump to my chiller to my skimmer back to my sump.

Its a sea line pump that i normally feed the skimmer with I would just be adding the step of running it through the chiller first.

As long as you have enough gps hour I would say go for it. There shouldn't be any problems. If there is too much flow for the skimmer then you can always place a ball valve after the chiller returning the excess water to the sump. Sounds like you have it all figured out though.

Garrett

Actually I would want tank temp running through the skimmer not variable temp. the chiller is much colder and dilutes with the tank water. I would think performance would change as the viscosity of the water changes with temp.

Actually I would want tank temp running through the skimmer not variable temp. the chiller is much colder and dilutes with the tank water. I would think performance would change as the viscosity of the water changes with temp.

Once the water temp balances out do you think there is that big of a difference between the waters?

I don't believe there would be a issue with only a few degrees difference even if that in fact it may be more stable beings your only running one pump to add less heat the only drawback I see is redundancy if you lose your chiller you lose your skimmer but otherwise if GPH is there should be no reason why it wouldn't work.

gotta keep in mind that for the chiller to run eficiantly there is a max water flow and for the skimmer to work properly there is a min flow. Honestly I would T off your tank return pump to run your chiller and put the return water from the chiller back in the sump whare the tank water enters the sump and run the skimmer on its own pump.

i don't understand how the temp is going to change the performence of the skimmer that much. I did not see a difference on my cold water tank with the skimmer performence.

I will try it if the performence drops on the skimmer I will let you know.