TBIZ elos 70

Radar2

Originally form Sisters/Bend, I now live in San Jose Ca. but always return to Central Oregon to visit with friends and family.

My current tank is a 55 gallon Elos system 70 tank and Elos Planet HQI + T5, Tru-Vu platinumsump, ATB skimmer, Aquatic Systems design Kalk Reactor, DA reef keeper2, ATO, Arctica chiller, Tunze return pump, Tunze 6025, Vortech MP20

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have it on a short pulse mode. I do not have a cover for jumpers. I had an anemone which my clown loved and now that I got rid of it they hang near the surface during the day and host my candy cane at night. I hope I get the Frogspawn I traded my anemone for soon that way my clowns will have something more substantial to host. The clowns are a 3 year old Picasso pair ( can get them for way cheaper now for better barring) a Tomini tang and a Target mandarin.

I used to have two Ventralis Anthias as well which were doing great in the tank but sadly ended up dinner. Never keep smaller rock dwelling fish in a tank with a large Sally lightfoot crab otherwise you could come home to your crab having himself some Sushi. A shame since they never hung out near the surface, they were social, and were eating within minuites of adding them to the tank. I think they could have done well since there were tons of places to hide in the rocks and they seamed to like the valley a lot.

Welcome Radar2, first it a very nice setup that you got. I love you clows, showed to my gf and she love them too they are unique. Second what part of san jose are you at? all my family members currently in blossome hills and windsor area. I will be in San Jose for a short 2 weeks vacations in three weeks. Pershap would you please hook me up with all the LFS around San Jose area. Thank you. Benny

I got it around San Jose. Elos importer is local, as well as ATB importer is local and kind of a friend. If I had to order the tank online I probably would have gone withan A.G.E starfire tank but I was able to save on shipping and pick up the tank and light from the Elos warehouse. It is about a 20-30min drive.

I almost lost everything last night. Had a malfunction with my kalk reactor and had it dump hella Kalk into my tank found it looking like milk and P.H. of 10.2. nothing looked good, tang was almost dead, corals spewing slime could have been a disaster. I ended up knocking on a starngers door who I knew had a tank and got 10 gallons of good salt water from him + the 5 I had and did a water change which didnt do too much to my P.H. thankfully I had some vinager water for ceaning some pumps and dumped some it into the tank and got the P.H. in control. Clear water this morning and zero losses but it was close to nuking the entire tank.

Nice setup read the post over on RC in the Elos section. I have a 70 also but have not set it up yet still sitting dry in my family room. Waves here in town can get the Elos tanks if people are interested. Keep the pics coming as the tank is sweet looking(rock2)