Half of Micro colony turned white

pledosophy

I visited a LFS today and they had a micro with insane colors on half the colony, but the other half of the colony the polyps have all turned white. If you look closely at the white polyps you can still see the feeding tentacle so I would guess they are alive.

I have it acclimating in the sump.

Do I dip it, chop it up and keep the nice polyps and hope for the best, or dip it leave it be and just put it on the bottom of the tank in some shade.

I feed my other LPS frequently so I plan on feeding it a grip in the next few weeks either ways.

Thanks.

I had this with a colony of acans and fought it for a while. I ended up putting it under a ledge with no light and just feeding it heavily. Seemed to bring the color back the best. My issue is that I burn a lot of corals with how shallow my light sits and the hight of my tank combined. I'm trying to get a chalice back to good color right now this very same way, it is working slowly...

It's chilling in the sump under a NO light. Same place I am bringing back by other acan rescue from last week. So far all of the polyps are eating twice a day. No real color coming back on the white side, but no spreading either.

It'll be hard to get a picture from where it is at. If this continues for more then another week, I will move it to my other sump with lower light and a higher nutrient load and will be able to get pictures.

I counted 30ish polyps, if it lives it's not a bad price at all for what I paid.