What to do with my tank?

pledosophy

I'm glad I'm not coming off wrong. Sometimes I worry about communicating things on forums. It's harder to read someone's intent without tone of voice and facial expression. QUOTE]

YOU NAILED THAT ONE ON THE HEAD.

Awesome information Kevin - thanks! I will definitely hit you up when we get to the point of actually being able to set something up. Sorry for the thread hijack!

On the original topic... I have seem some really cool pipe fish showing up in some of the LFS lately so that might be worth thinking about as a (slightly) new direction. They also seem to have their own special set of behaviors like the seahorses so could make for an interesting species tank.

IMO, pipefish would be pretty sweet, but my other thought is that with all of that macro growing, it would be a great setup for a big carnivorous guy like the lionfish. I understand they can be pretty messy for a small tank, but you have great nutrient export already going. Weren't you mentioning that you drop extra food in there just to keep the nutrients up?

Nice to know Randy. I will pick up the magazine. I do know of them and have been following there feeding updates a little bit. I wonder if the CB ones are more likely to accept prepared foods for life.

Thanks.

In the artical he showed were he started by feedeing them browned out sps frags just to get them eating. Then he took a white dead coral frag of a stag acro and just mashed fomula 1 onto the coral skelaton until it was completly covered and the files would feed on the acro like normal but they were just getting prepared food. Shortly later they just eat prepared food dropped into the tank.

Anglers are dope! I'd pay for the live food just to watch them hunt. They are pretty cool.

I thought about a mixed pipe tank. I can get a pair of ghost pipes, but I don't know if I want that much responsibility. No one has bred them yet, it would be my new goal. The dragon faced, C. nigripectus, or multi banded would be awesome. I think I produce enough pods.

In the artical he showed . . .

I gotta go get that magazine. I talked to a guy that was breeding them on another forum. He thinks it would be easy, he did offer to sell me some though . . .

it would be a great setup for a big carnivorous guy like the lionfish

If I go Lion I want the berbari or the fu man chu. Both stay small. If I go this route I can get one of the other fish I like too like a leaf fish or warty angler. . .

I do think I could come home to the filefish every night and be stoked on it.

It is so hard for me to pick.