what size PVC on an Octopus skimmer?

finch6013

Anyone know what size PVC is used on an octopus skimmer. I have the 800s HOB and I want to make a mod to it. I can figure out what size the pvc is. Its smaller than normal sched 40 and its not electrical condit size. I have tried everything I can find at HD and none is right.

Well I could measure it. I would have to take the skimmer appart and Im not really wanting to do that right now. When I do come in need of it I will let you know if I cant find what I am looking for. I am just looking to extend the return which is probably 1 1/4 and the intake that is probably 1''. So I would only need 6'' of each

I think its ABS not PVC

ABS pipe is black, not gray.

The PVC on octo's is metric. They don't do standard PVC in china ;)

Harrington plastics (Tigard) can get standard to metric adapters but it's just as easy to buy an oversized fitting and either use a bunch of teflon tape or thick solvent(weld-on 40). Or sand down a smaller fitting to fit.

Are you trying to attach a different pump to your skimmer? Gate valve?

I don't know why you posted that picture of me. That's not why I sent it to you. I was trying to help you with your work out plan to score more ladies. I feel violated. . . :D

I have a PCI knock off, but I thought they were the same. My RPS 1000 took 1"